The term "Personal Data" refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, job title, email or mailing address.
About your privacy
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors whilst providing the highest possible quality of service. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act.
If you have any questions concerning your personal information or regarding our practices, please contact: Standeven Firewood, Old Post Office, Baldersby, Thirsk, North Yorkshire YO7 4PE, telephone +44 (0)1845 565165 or send us an email.
Collection of personal data
We collect information from details you give us when you use our website and from any email messages you may send to us. When you use this website to register to receive additional information or support from us, we ask you for contact information like your name, telephone number and email address.
If, at any time, you wish to opt out of receiving information from Standeven Firewood via email, please telephone +44 (0) 1423 367519 or send us an email.
Anonymous data collected through this website
We also use software tools to collect information automatically about your visit to our website. The information obtained in this way, which includes demographic data and browsing patterns, is only used in aggregate form and, as such, cannot be used to identify you personally. Such aggregate information helps us to audit usage of our website and improve the service provided.
In order to collect the anonymous data described above, we may use temporary "cookies" that collect the domain name of the user and the date and time you visited this website. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. Most web browsers provide the option for you to be notified when you receive a cookie and to decide if you want to accept it or not. However, the website may not work properly if you disable cookies. Further information about cookies can be found on the World Wide Web Consortium's website.
Use of personal data
We process your personal data only for specific and limited purposes. We ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. When we ask you for personal data, we tell you the purposes for which we will process that data. Some of these purposes include:
- Providing you with information about our products or services, special offers and events or articles and case studies we think will be of interest to you
- Sending you regular newsletters by email or by post
- Providing you with product or service information and promotional material that you have specifically requested
- Processing any other requests that you make
- To summarise website usage behaviour. This is not based on individual behaviour, but is generic
- Conducting marketing research.
Disclosure of your personal data
We do not share, sell or distribute your personal data with unrelated third parties, except under the following limited circumstances:
- Personal data may occasionally be transferred to third parties who act for or on behalf of Standeven Firewood, or in connection with the business of Standeven Firewood for further processing in accordance with the purposes to which you have subsequently consented.
- We may share or transfer the information in our databases to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interest, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event.
Data integrity and security
We keep your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
Although we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, we try to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Data access and corrections
We will disclose to you the personal data we hold about you upon receipt of your written request addressed to Standeven Firewood at the address given above. We will also correct, amend or delete any personal data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes.
Links to other websites